Developing a consistent gym routine does wonders for our health, but it can be challenging to stay inspired before and during the workout.
Let’s face it, the act of working out itself is not always enjoyable. We do it predominantly for the results and future health benefits, but it can be difficult to overcome the stress and pain of the actual physical exercises.
That’s why the majority of people find ways to take their minds off the actual work, normally by listening to music.
Music not only supplies a distraction but also produces the inspiration and stimulation needed to maximize effort. You may not feel like going to the gym today, but put on your favorite music and suddenly you’re charged and ready to go.
This is where hearing aids can be useful for those with hearing loss.
With compatible hearing aids, you can stream your favorite music straight from your music player or smartphone to your hearing aids—without any wires getting in the way.
Alternatively, if you’re in the learning frame of mind, you can also stream your favorite podcasts or internet courses, developing both your mental and physical health at the same time.
Have an exercise partner instead?
Today’s hearing aid models, equipped with directional microphones, target and boost speech while controlling background noise, making it easier to hold a conversation with your partner in a lively gym.
For all these reasons hearing aids are essential gym equipment, but you may be concerned about potential damage to the device from perspiration and moisture.
While the majority of hearing aid models are resistant against dirt and wetness to some degree, there are a few accessories you can use to protect your hearing aids at the gym.
Consider investing in:
- Hearing aid sweatbands – these absorbent sleeves fit over your hearing aids, defending them from sweat and grime.
- Hearing aid clips – helps to prevent damage or loss if your hearing aids become accidentally dislodged from your ears.
- Batteries – keeping an extra pair on hand ensures you won’t run out of power mid-workout.
- Cleaning kits – helps clean and sanitize your hearing aids post-workout.
- Hearing aid dehumidifier – well worth investing in for three reasons: dehumidifiers 1) remove moisture, 2) sanitize using UV light, and 3) provide a safe place for storage overnight.
With a little planning, you can safely enjoy all the advantages of hearing aids at the gym.
If you have any questions, or want to find out more about hearing aid accessories for the gym, send us a message or give us a call!